Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Would Put Things Like These on Twitter

Last night I had a dream where my dog committed suicide. I left him on the balcony of my sixth floor apartment where he was playing Scrabble. I think he used the deckchair as a lever to unhinge the cast iron railing. He then pushed everything, including the plants and the game board, over the edge with him. After I examined the body I went to Crystal to get a bag of Slammers.

I wish I had Twitter. I think I would be good at it. For instance, last week I was in the basement of Old Main, and I saw a room with a plastic plaque that read, "Beard Center." Inside there were four or five vending machines and several groundskeepers. They all had beards. I think I used to hang out there when I was a kid, and look for change underneath the machines so I could play the arcade games that used to be in the Union. You can visit the Beard Center. I don't think you even have to shave.

Things like that. That isn't a blog post by itself, but I think I could compress that into Twitter. The problem is, I've been using the same phone for three years. It has a color screen, and the background is three balloons - red, yellow, and blue. Ben Rector used to have the same phone, and we'd switch accidentally, but I always found out eventually because his background was three stones stacked one on top of the other. I always read his text messages before I returned it.

I was eligible for a trade in maybe a month ago, but my mom used it to get herself a new phone. She threw up on her old phone. She had a fever over Christmas and for some reason put her phone at the bottom of the trash can she used for vomiting. Unwise. I cannot fault her. When I lived in Rome, a girl I had a crush on back in the States stayed with me for a weekend. I slept on the couch. The day she was supposed to leave, I thought about kissing her, then I threw up in front of her. She had to find her own way to the airport. I got to skip my Italian art history final.

1 comment:

  1. Poor girl. I'm sure she found her way to the airport.

    ReplyDelete