Monday, January 18, 2010

A Surprise Grab Bag of Notes

With the end of Initiation, I am suddenly free from all fraternal responsibility. For over a year I've had to go to all of our events, plan and execute members, and buy pledgeship stuffs out of my own pocket. No more. I am no longer in charge, and this means I can say whatever I want. Coconut, aluminum foil, galvanizing. There - I said it.

After the Initiation ceremony, a few of the new members and I went to IHoP and had unlimited pancakes. What a deal! For five dollars, they brought me eggs and ham and hashbrowns and yes, unlimited pancakes. It would have been perfect if I wasn't so sleepy. Also that night, I told the pledges at my table the story of when I was a fairy dancer in the University's production of A Midsummer's Night's Dream. They had never heard it before, which was surprising. I spent two months in intensive dance training before falling off the stage in our last performance and receiving an eight stitch scar. But I think the real punch line is fairy dancer. But it was a scary fairy. I'll tell you about it sometime.

Now, with all my free time, I'm quite at a loss. I'm looking for things to do. I want to implement a yes man policy: if ever a brother wants to go to dinner, go to Kansas, have a sleepover, watch a concert, needs a wingman, builds an ark, I'll say yes. No matter what. But I'm still waiting to be asked.

So instead I'm working on my thesis. I'm a Creative Writing major, and my thesis is a time travel novel. All the names are real, though the events have been changed to protect the entertainment value. Three characters are actually fraternity brothers. They all die. Two are shot by a man named Mitchell. One has a brain aneurism. Hazards of time travel.

Often I get curious about who reads my blogs, outside of the authorities. I've narrowed it down to a 18 to 22 male demographic. But for this post, I think I'll hold a contest. Whichever person posts the longest number, spelled out in words, in the comments section, I'll blog a complete lie about you and make you famous. Or, I'll kill you in my novel. You specify.

8 comments:

  1. eight hundred and sixty-four trillion, five hundred and forty-eight billion, seven hundred and ten million, nine hundred and seventeen thousand, two hundred and five, and seventy-three hundredths.

    Can I please die doing something heroic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The number of grains of sand in the Sahara, raised to the power of molecules of water in the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Deep Breath)

    Seven hundred and eighty one googolplexian, nine hundred and ninety nine duodecillion, eight hundred and forty eight undecillion, six hundred and ninety seven decillion, three hundred and sixty three nonillion, six hundred and seventy five octillion, four hundred and fifty two septillion, eight hundred and forty six sextillion, nine hundred and thirty four quintillion, three hundred and ninety one quadrillion, one hundred and twenty nine trillion, three hundred and six billion, nine hundred and four million, four hundred and eighty two thousand, eight hundred and eleven.

    Boom, Roasted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Matt Owens

    Seven hundred and eighty one googolplexian, nine hundred and ninety nine duodecillion, eight hundred and forty eight undecillion, six hundred and ninety seven decillion, three hundred and sixty three nonillion, six hundred and seventy five octillion, four hundred and fifty two septillion, eight hundred and forty six sextillion, nine hundred and thirty four quintillion, three hundred and ninety one quadrillion, one hundred and twenty nine trillion, three hundred and six billion, nine hundred and four million, four hundred and eighty two thousand, eight hundred and twelve.

    Take that David Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your best looking cousin (also your only cousin who reads this blog) doesnt have an account thingy...so this is he.

    You want a yes man policy, here it is:
    "Cass, will you blog a complete lie about me and make me famous?"

    Yeah, suck on that

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also just realized i hacked your account so i get extra awesome for that...

    ReplyDelete