Monday, November 9, 2009

My Nightmare is Banished

I posted earlier a story about my high school nemesis, who was appointed Kappa Kappa Gamma house chef and subsequently my boss. This is the A+ Number One nightmare of geeks: that those who abused them in high school really will be cooler than them in twenty years.

Will was chef for two months, and during his reign of terror we had such dishes as cous cous, brie and apple sandwiches, and no desserts. He also managed to take away the traditional, weekly Chicken Finger Friday, where the house lunch is open to the campus, and styrofoam cups. You'd be surprised by which of those caused more grief; sororities love their styrofoam. It's a girl's best friend. If she's making napalm. That may have been a pledge mission.

Will replaced the beloved Chef John, who cooked very regular meals and made a cheesecake that I actually died for, immediately before it brought me back to life. He also is a sculptor, and was in the process of creating a series of 300 tribal masks. I went to one of his art shows last year. There was cheesecake.

On Friday, one of the Kappa's texted me, saying, "chief william has been fried!" My initial response was, that's a hate crime. Then I realized he was neither a minority nor was he a victim, but someone who just didn't make any desserts. NO DESSERTS! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'VE BEEN THROUGH!

Chef John is contracted to return on December 1st. Until then, the campus food service Chartwells will be handling the cooking. Today there were chocolate chip cookies.

2 comments:

  1. i did not say fried! cheif ..ok ill admit to that

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugghhh i still cant spell it right! chief*

    ReplyDelete