Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Apologies and Policy Change

I have to be honest with you, you one person who visits my blog everyday, there haven't been many posts lately. Look at the right hand margin. The numbers don't lie. Not after the beat down I ladled on them after Abstract Alegbra - there are no such things as imaginary numbers. Don't even try, mathematics. So now they speak the truth - this is my sixth post in May, whereas my goal is around 12 or zero, in case I ever have to go underground because of what I did to those fry cooks. They had it coming.

But my situation is changing. I'm in a transitional state. I was a solid, and I'm going to be a gas, but right now I'm just a liquid. Did that make sense? I copied and pasted it from the Wikipedia article on water. Someone wrote it in the first person to make it easier to understand. But truthfully - I was a student, a layabout, but more importantly, a dependent, and I'm becoming a worker, a doer, and a public notary by way of this mail order course I'm taking. But also I'm becoming an independent.

Not just independent. I had to fill out a W4 for my new job with BYX, working as a national adviser, and I registered that no one else could claim me as a dependent. I'm a man. But I'm also wolf. But only at night.

This doesn't really explain the gap, though. I was at job training. Now I'm at camp. Camp War Eagle, for kids in Northwest Arkansas. I'm here the whole summer. And while I will try to bring you stories of lovable children and their tears which I collect in small mason jars, it will be hit or miss. Don't expect the usual output. Anyway, I run this blog for the ad revenue, so I get paid the same whether or not I'm writing.

With that said, I kicked a dog today. Swift, to the jaw, like a home intruder. It tried to bite my side, right below the ribs. I put my foot right underneath his snout and lifted it like my ballet lessons taught me. Okay, that was all a lie. Just the last part. The whole growing up essay was true.

4 comments:

  1. We all already knew that.
    Everyone knows blogging gets spotty in the summer. Like that Dog you kicked.

    Also, thank you for addressing me directly.
    And I believe you could have circumvented all of those by just sublimating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is it.
    I'm now going to lead a revolt.

    ReplyDelete